- Minifying and concatenating
- → which reduces the code’s size and parsing/download time
- Batch loading
- → which reduces the number of requests made
- Data URIs embedding
- → which further reduces the number of requests, response time and bandwidth
- Optionally images referenced in stylesheets can be embedded as data URIs. Together with the gzippping of the server response, those embedded images, together, function as a “super sprite”.
Patrick Reilly, Senior Software Developer, Mobile
- Copyright notes: “Phone charging” by Eml5526.sp11.team1.adam, in the public domain, from Wikimedia Commons.